Friday, October 1, 2010

The Comfy Cow

Wow! Cinnamon, that beloved flavor of my days of yore that I can still not spell correctly, is currently one of the rotating flavors available at the comfy cow, located on Herr Lane in the new Westport Village.
Anyway, the comfy cow is a new business establishment that actually fulfills what the homemade pie and ice cream kitchen claims. Having tried both their ice cream and their ice cream pies, I am qualified to say that the boundless options that comfy cow offers are unprecedented in their flavor. For instance, when eating their peanut butter flavor it actually tastes like distinctive, homemade goodness in a cone, not some singular Reese’s taste that is not a novel experience on your taste buds. The butter pecan is fabulous, as is the peanut butter ice cream cake. The thing about their creations is that none of them are just filled with simply one thing, but rather a combination of flavors that the owners take seriously in their design and formulation.
The options at the comfy cow are endless: they have many ice cream flavors, ice cream pie flavors, frozen banana sprinklings, cookie and regular dessert options, tea flavors, and soft drink options. Their most recent flavor creation, one that pays tribute to the great Steely Dan song, Pretzel Logic, purported combines their signature vanilla ice cream chocked full of chocolate covered pretzels, Reese’s peanut butter chips and a decadent peanut butter swirl. While this concoction of flavors leaves me speechless, all that one can add to this posting is that life is too short for you to not know – and I mean really know through and through – what each of the ice cream flavors at comfy cow tastes like.
PostScript: I read in the paper yesterday that they are to open a second location on Frankfort Avenue where Ginny’s Diner used to be. Yes please!
PostScript 2: How many followers do I have? This is an Xplosion!

4 comments:

  1. Yes! Frankfort Ave! Then I won't have to travel too far to obtain deliciousness.

    - Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this place. Best ice cream spot in Louisville. It opened last year, boldly in the winter with a campaign to eat ice cream in cold months too. It seems that campaign was a success. Very pleased to hear about the Frankfort Ave. location. I could walk there if I wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Dawn just read about it herself... so my word is verified!

    I absolutely love eating ice cream in the wintertime. It's never too cold for yummy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh- I so inspired this entry. I may or may not ever read your blog again. Nice Steely Dan reference. Seems like forever since the days that cd was spinning in the good old walkman.

    ReplyDelete