Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Aglamesis Brother's Ice Cream and Candy

http://www.aglamesis.com/
Walking around Oakley square looking for a sandwich shop, I recently pasted the window of an old time soda fountain. Mourning the loss of a treasured existence I never came to know, I secretly wanted to venture inside, knowing that I'd never get the chance to go in if I didn't now. Upon a suggestion floating in the air, I backtracked my steps and entered. Into full spoonlight of creamy existence.

Butterscotch and cookies and cream were the picks of the day and boy were they fabulous! The ice cream here is just sooo creamy it's heavenly. The amount, though, of chunks of cookies in the cookies and cream and the richness of them made that flavor in particular out-of-this world. It left me craving it for months (and months and months - two months, to be exact).

It just so happened that the Food Network was going to stop by tomorrow and do a televised show on the ice cream shop and its Cincinnati rival, and well-known midwest favorite, Graeter's Ice Cream. I've had both and have eaten ice cream from shore-to-shore as well as in sinful Europe and therefore feel qualified to say that Aglamesis wins hands-down as some of the best ice cream in the United States. Check out Food Feuds on December 2nd to see if I'm correct in my assessment of Aglamesis!

Aglamesis sports two locations: the original Norwood location on Montgomery Road and now an old-looking Oakley Square location on Madison Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment