Saturday, September 17, 2011

Marimauto Market

Or something like that. 

I was thinking of going to the Japanese sushi and tempura place by my house, but decided against it. I can eat there any old night. Instead I drifted here. Lured in my the nearby Indian grocery store I knew I had to be in a foriegn land.

I actually didn't know what kind of Asian Grocery I was walking into. Apparently it was Japanese. I came to a halt outside the store because there was this Mexican guy with a food truck selling... wait for it... Octopus balls! "Octopus balls!!" you say. "Claire, why isn't this the title of your posting?" Ah-ha. Well therein lies the problem. They were all out of octopus balls for the day. "That's a good thing." I told the kind man. Yes, it is.

So instead I had sushi. I asked for canned Jack fruit but they didn't know what that was. So I went for my spicy tuna roll (4.50) and sticky rice.

The rice I saw a friend have a few weeks ago and since then I've been drooling. So I gave it a try. Not that adventuresome next to Octopus balls now is it.

And it was good. Sweet with some sesame seeds in it. But delicately sweet. At four dollars I'd keep them rolling into my mouth if my credit card didn't have a limit!

No comments:

Post a Comment