Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hammerheads


 http://louisvillehammerheads.com/

Recently on a Monday night based on a recommendation from a friend I dined at Hammerheads in Germantown. It was, well, interesting. The rec said that it was better than holy grale in terms of atmosphere especially. I couldn’t concur less!

We entered the yellow-colored walls that is the basement joint and joined a full house of 80+ degree heated bodies. Yikes, it was hot! We decided to dine outside, where we couldn’t drink beer and had no menu access or service. The waitstaff did accommodate us with service only after waiting about 5 minutes.

The waitstaff were very friendly and the prices were reasonable (7-11) but the beer prices were nothing to write home about. We ordered one brisket sandwich and one crab sandwich. The crab sandwich featured a jalapeno aioli which I wouldn’t have known were present if I didn’t read about it on the menu beforehand. The sandwich had a whole crab in it (!) with very delectable legs and arms and big claws (I don’t know what those things are called). But the meat of the crabs body could have been more flavorfully stuffed.

The brisket was downright bleh. The owner of said brisket said it was better than doc crows, but I was not amused by its natural state. It was rather fatty and unseasoned.. but then again I’m not a big brisket person to begin with (I prefer pulled pork).

All in all I don’t know if I’d go back there – at least not in the summer head. For what you pay for, I’d rather go for the full ambience at half the price and dine at holy grale.

No comments:

Post a Comment