Monday, February 21, 2011

Ciao Bella

Having only eaten there once and enjoyed music and libations there on several occasions, I can only offer a rare note about Ciao Bella and a good bit of hearsay. The food is nothing to write home about, but done-up well.

What I really support is the mission of the restaurant. They offer a late-night, homey bar scene that isn’t too sketchy and live music most nights of the week. The owners are the previous owners of Seattle’s coffee. They pack in a younger crowd, which is nice; however old folk do fill up the front couches with their bottles of wine, appetizers, and giggles.

As I'm going to post this review I am reading that Ciao Bella is now closed in downtown Wooster. Nuts! I'll have to contact more sources... this is the second time that that has happened for my blog!

3 comments:

  1. I was going to ask the same thing. I ate at a pizza place with the same name at two locations in Florida. Not that chains would necessarily be off limits for review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Noooo. Definitely not a chain since the restaurant came about as an alternating out of a coffee shop music house: http://www.the-daily-record.com/news/article/4608712
    Good lamb shanks and edamame there. Cheap, fresh sangria.. I'm always a fan.

    ReplyDelete