Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Grilled Cheese Grill

http://www.grilledcheesegrill.com/

When out and about at some wee little hour of the morning, I was swooned into the grilled cheese grill on Alberta. We, four kings, were walking our honorarily short walk home in the mist and decided that a midnight snack was in order, approximately 10 hours or less before our late-morning brunch nearby. We settled in for a yummy treat!

The grilled cheese barista (cheesista?) was uber friendly and fast as another dude whipped up the grilled cheese in the back. The tables – which are covered – were actually a school bus! What the heck? We’re eating on a school bus. Two cohorts, a couple, joined the party a little later as we waited for our grilled cheese. I bought a yummy packaged cookie as an appetizer, which we enjoyed greatly.

What we ordered was the jalapeƱo popper grilled cheese. I admit it wasn’t all I had hoped. When I order jalapeno popper anything it takes me back to the days of former tumbleweed jalapeno poppers filled with oozing cream cheese and stuffed with moderately spicy and way-too-hot peppers. What I was served was, well, food. That went to my belly. And wasn’t that memorable. Still the warmth and the cool concept itself was enough to make the event well worthwhile (except I didn’t remember eating that cookie until the day after, when apparently my exuberance over it and sharing abilities were commemorated).

The menu, though, looks simply out of this world. At the time, we though: hmmm, wouldn’t it behoove Louisville to have something like this. Just like a holy grail, poof! Our idea came to fruition. Enter Lil Cheezers (http://www.louisvillestreetfood.com/menu/). Alas, there is a moving food cart in Louisville that specializes in fancy grilled cheeses that is certified “health-compliant” by the city. It roves along Bardstown Road, downtown or anywhere there is a fun event, such as the humane society outing coming up. The menu’s creations don’t sound as exotic or creative as Grilled Cheese Grill – and their name certainly isn’t – but I am dying to sample both the Elvis and the fancy grilled cheese (brie on a sandwich is heaven to me. I actively search it every day.. no I don’t really, but in my taste buds mind’s eye I do).

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm... I can get behind gourmet grilled cheese. Still, the best grilled cheese I've had in town has been, at all, places... Cahoots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's their secret? Any special ingredients? Hmmm. Or is it the alcohol apperatif?

    ReplyDelete